About R. K. DEWAN & CO.
Intellectual Property Advocates, Trade Mark & Patent Attorneys in India
R K Dewan & Co was founded in 1942 by Mr Raj Kumar Dewan and has completed over 70 years of committed and excellent service in the field of IPR.
R K Dewan & Co. is headed by Dr Mohan Dewan, Patents and Trade Mark Attorney, who has over 40 years of professional and teaching experience in the field of Intellectual Property Rights.
Dr Niti Dewan, a medical graduate and a Patent and Trade Mark Attorney, heads the Patents Department at R K Dewan & Co. She is also responsible for the firm's Business Development, Finance and Administration operations.
M R Nair, Patent and Trade Mark Attorney, and a renowned counsel with over 30 years experience, steers the Trade Mark, Copyright and Design divisions. Advocate Dinesh Nair is responsible for Trade Mark registrations internationally. Advocate N K Bhardwaj of the Delhi office, is a litigator of merit for 30 years.
The firm is assisted by a complement of 85 dedicated and painstakingly trained advocates, engineers, scientists, Patent attorneys, Trademark Attorneys, paralegals and executives equipped to deliver promptly and efficiently.
RKD has its head office in Mumbai, the commercial capital of India.
We have branch offices in:
- Pune – an important educational, research and manufacturing centre
- Chennai – the seat of the Intellectual Property Appellate Board
- New Delhi – the political capital of India
- Kolkata – the seat of the head office for Patents & Designs in India
We believe in securing well-fortified, cost-optimized Intellectual Property Rights for our clients and strive ceaselessly towards that end. Our approach is threefold:
- Client-centric Culture
- Personalized Professionalism
- Customized Solutions
RKD is actively involved in advising clients on every aspect of IPR, including Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights and Design.The firm regularly handles IPR prosecution and litigation on behalf of its many clients.
RKD specializes in carrying out comprehensive Searches in relation to prior art, patentability and freedom-to-operate; and is adept at creating technology maps for clients in various technical domains.
RKD is also involved in post-registration work that includes IP management, IP maintenance and IP valuation. RKD frequently conducts Training workshops and seminars for corporates and professionals to spread awareness about intellectual property rights. An exhaustive list of our services is available here.
- INTA (International Trademark Association)
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- AIPLA (American Intellectual Property Law Association)
- APAA (Asian Patent Attorneys Association)
- CIPA (The Chartered Institute for Patent Attorneys)
- FICPI (International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys)
- LES (Licensing Executives Society)
- CII (Confederation of Indian Industries)
- FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry)
- MCCIA (Maharatta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture)
RKD currently represents over 3000 corporate and individual clients worldwide including several of the top Indian companies. Our clients come from diverse fields such as software, electronics & telecommunication, automobiles, mechanical engineering, power sector, speciality chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food packaging technology, biotechnology, process equipment, academic institutions, scientific and research organizations and so on.
RKD has built a close-knit, dependable and extensive network of associates in India and in over 125 countries throughout the world.We are therefore able to cater to national and international IP filing, prosecution and domestic and trans-border litigation across all tiers of the judiciary.
R K Dewan & Co is viewed as the right and the preferred choice for clients and referring attorneys alike, looking for single-window IPR solutions not only in the Indian subcontinent but also worldwide.